There are various things to consider when buying land and I have discussed them as below:
- Building Site Approval. Find out if you are allowed to build on the land from the countries land authorities that must have the records for this.
- Water. Does the site have adequate access to water? How deep will you have to drill to access it? What is the flow rate of the well? Do you have rights to surface water?
- Ventilation. Do you have adequate natural air flow to ventilate and cool the home? Find out if your ranch has free air ventilation for your own comfort as you plan to settle there.
- Enough room to Breathe. Do you have enough space to live the life you want to live?
- Proximity. How much driving will you need to do on a weekly basis? Find out your proximity to the needed resources in your ranch for example food, shopping, schools medical services etc
- Utilities. What is the access to utilities? Find out if you have near access to requirements and utilities that you may need.
- Community Services. Is there a fire department near you? How about an ambulance? How close you need to be to such services will depend on many things, your health is one of them.
- Beauty and Comfort. Does the land feel right in your heart? Find out if the land you are planning to buy feels ok for you before you buy.